Join Our Team!
Executive Director Position Open
Reports to: Board of Directors
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Ashland, Oregon
Start Date: August 2017
Application Deadline: June 5th, 2017 or until filled
Rogue Valley Farm to School is seeking a skillful professional to lead the nonprofit organization under the strategic direction of the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will be responsible for daily operations, finances, fundraising strategies, programs, and personnel. The Executive Director will ensure the execution of RVF2S’s mission, maintain and build strategic relationships, and represent the organization to the community. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is passionate about quality nutrition education programs for children and the community, and sustainable agriculture.
About Rogue Valley Farm to School
Established in 2009, Rogue Valley Farm to School (RVF2S) educates children about our food system through hands-on farm and garden programs, and by increasing local foods in school meals. We inspire an appreciation of local agriculture that improves the economy and environment of our community and the health of its members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administration and management: Oversee the implementation of the RVF2S strategic plan through on-farm nutrition education, school garden, and farm to cafeteria programs. Support staff in developing relevant, collaborative projects and programs at the community, regional, and statewide levels.
Fiscal management: Develop and monitor the annual budget, oversee income and expenditures, prepare fiscal reports for the Board of Directors, and oversee payroll. Ensure that sufficient funds are raised to meet annual budget and cashflow needs with the cooperation of staff. Oversee grant and donor management, reporting, and relationships.
Staff management: Set the tone for a respectful and cooperative work culture that motivates employees. Recruit new staff as necessary. Assist staff in development of strategic work plans, facilitate professional development training opportunities; and complete annual evaluations.
Board relations: Work closely with the Board on development of organizational policies and plans. Provide the Board with regular updates on organizational activities and any developments that may significantly affect the organization. Attend Board meetings.
- Demonstrated commitment to RVF2S mission and values of integrity, equity, and community
- Fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector
- Knowledge of nonprofit structure and governance
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as public speaking skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment
- Exceptional facilitation, group dynamics, and group decision-making skills
- Organized and diligent record-keeping skills with great attention to detail
- Experienced community organizer with strong networking skills, able to develop trusting relationships with diverse individuals from different backgrounds
- Flexibility and adaptability, able to meet the needs of a range of cultures, people, and organizations
- Stress management and composure
- Knowledge of local food systems and sustainable agriculture
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Experience running small businesses
- Experience with school administrations and school boards
- Competitive salary dependent on experience; $45 - 49k
- Benefits include flexible schedule and work environment, medical care stipend, and generous leave policy
- The Executive Director is an at-will employee, exempt from overtime
- RVF2S encourages all employees to continue our tradition of integrity by representing the organization's mission and modeling the behaviors that the organization teaches. We value our employees’ loyalty and honesty and we encourage open communication. We strive to provide a rewarding employment environment.
- The Executive Director can expect a flexible working schedule that includes occasional evening and weekend work hours. The Executive Director is expected to budget, schedule, and track work time to achieve an appropriate work-life balance. The organization has a great office space near downtown, the bike path, and public transportation.
Please apply by emailing a single pdf file to email@example.com. Please include a cover letter including the experiences that qualify you for this position, a resume, 2-3 writing samples including a grant narrative, and three professional references.
Rogue Valley Farm to School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, or sexual orientation.