If you would like to be notified of volunteer opportunities please let us know.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering with us!
The following is a list of our programs that are in need of volunteers; we're happy to have so much going on! Contact Cassidy if you have any questions at all.
Tasting Tables (TT)
These occur in elementary schools throughout the Rogue Valley each month, beginning in September and ending in May. Volunteers are needed to help prep food and serve tastes of new vegetables to students in the cafeteria. Prep happens once a week and serving happens daily from about 10:30-1 (exact time varies depending on the school)
Harvest Meals (HM)
These occur on farms. Students of varying grade levels visit the farm and rotate through farm activities which always include harvesting and cooking food. Other stations might be compost, insects, plant parts or others! The day ends with a meal everyone helped to prepare, yum!
Harvest Snack (HS)
Similar to a Harvest Meal, but scaled down. Less cooking.
A six leg relay race, our biggest annual fundraiser and a day of fun! This includes a Fun Run and Harvest Fest; we're in need of volunteers for many aspects of the race, before, during, and after as well as the Harvest Fest. This event is separate from the September training and takes place on the last Saturday of April.
We have many school gardens that typically need volunteers as well. If this is something you're interested in we'd be happy to send you a list of what schools have gardens and need volunteers. If you're on our mailing list, you'll hear about occasional work parties.
Thanks for your interest! Let us know what you think.
Expectations for Volunteers
- Volunteer for at least 25 hours during 1 year
- Arrive 30 minutes before the program for set-up
- Stay 30 minutes after the program for clean-up
- Notify RVF2S at least 48 hrs before absence
- Fill out program evaluation materials
- Authorize a background check by RVF2S
- Comply with RVF2S Behavior Agreement and Media Policy
Rogue Valley Farm to School will:
- Contact volunteers with details and lesson assignments one week prior to the volunteer date
- Notify volunteers immediately if there is a scheduling change or cancellation
- Have a lead staff member at each Harvest Meal to coordinate all volunteers, and answer questions
- Have first aid trained staff and a first aid kit on site
- Provide necessary materials for activities